- 1)The particulars of its organization, functions and duties
- The Kamptee Cantonment Board is a body corporate governed under the provisions of The Cantonments Act, 2006. It is a Local Self Govt. body catering to the civic needs of the community residing therein.
- 2)The powers and duties of its officers and employees:
- The powers and duties of the following officers are as defined in The Cantonments Act, 2006.
a) President - Section 21 of the Cantts. Act 2006, which primarily consists of controlling, directing and supervising the financial and Executive Administration of the Cantt. Board.
b) Chief Executive Officer (CEO) - Section 25 of the Act. He is the Member and Secretary to the Board and is responsible for carrying out the day to day administration of the Cantt. Board.
c) Other Employees - CEO prescribes the duties and exercises supervision and control over the acts and proceedings of the Employees of the Board.
- 3) The procedure followed in the decision making process, including channels of supervision and accountability
The majority of the Votes of the Members present and voting decide all Questions coming before a meeting of the Cantt. Board/Committee.
The CEO complies with the requisition of the Board on any matter pertaining to the administration of the Cantonment.
4)The norms set by it for the discharge of its functions
rules, regulations, instructions, manuals and records, held by
it or under its control or used by its employees for
discharging its functions
Act:- The Cantonments Act, 2006
The following Rules made U/s 280 and various sections of the Act.
- 1) The Cantonment Account Code - 1924
- 2) The Cantonment Fund Servants Rules-1937
- 3) The Cantonment Property Rules, 1925
- 4) The Cantt. Land Administration Rules- 1937
- 5) The Cantonment Electoral Rules, 2007
- 6) The Vice-President, Cantt Board Election Rules – 1942
- 7) The TA/DA to Members of Cantt. Boards Rules 1926.
- 8) The Election of Vice-President the Cantt. Board Rules 1942
- 9) The Transfer of property in Cantts. (Form of Notice and manner of giving of such Notice) Rules 1985
- 10) The Cantonments (Regulations of procedure of Committee of Arbitration) Rules
- 11) The Grant of Leave of Members of Cantonment Board Rules, 1985
- 12) The Cantonment (Execution of Warrants for the Attachment and Sale of Immovable Property) Rules, 1986
- 13) The Cantonments (Forms and Manner of Service of Notice) Rules, 1986
- 14) The Annual Report on Cantonment Administration Rules, 1986
- The following Bye-laws made under various section of the Cantts Act.
1) Kamptee Cantonment Octroi Bye-laws 1986
2) Kamptee Cantonment Layout Bye-laws 2003
3) Kamptee Cantonment Board Regulations for Meetings of Cantt. Board 1926.
4) Byelaws for Registration and Control of Dogs in Kamptee 1939
5) Byelaws for Regulating the erection and Re-erection of Buildings in Kamptee Cantonment 1944
6) Byelaws Regulating Registration of Births and Deaths
7) Byelaws for the Enforcement of Compulsory Vaccination in Kamptee Cantonment 1964.
8) Byelaws Regulating the Slaughter of Animals in the Cantt. Slaughter House.
9) Byelaws Regulating the collection and recovery of the vehicle and Dog taxes.
10) Byelaws for Regulation of out-houses attached to Bungalows.
11) Byelaws for the Regulation or prohibition of traffic in the streets.
12) Byelaws Regulating the manner in which vehicles standing Driven, Lead or propelled in the Street between Sunset and Sunrise.
13) Byelaws Regulating the Seizure and confiscation of ownerless animals.
14) Byelaws Regulating the construction of scaffolding for Building operations.
15) Byelaws for the Regulations and management of Burial and Burning places for the disposal of corpses.
16)Byelaws Regulating the fees chargeable for the use of any street or place by inherent tenders.
17) Byelaws Regulating the Control of encamping grounds.
18) Byelaws to Buildings for manufacture or sale of aerated and other portable articles of food or drink intended for human consumption.
19) Byelaws for the Control and Supervision of places where dangerous of offensive trades are carried on so as to secure cleanliness etc.
20) Byelaws for Regulations of the Grazing of Animals.
21) Byelaws Regulating the use of public bathing and washing places.
22) Byelaws Regarding the appointment of agents by owners of Building or land, temporarily absent from or not residing in the Cantonment.
23) Byelaws Regulating the sources of water supply.
24) Byelaws Regulating of prohibiting the cutting or destruction of trees or shrubs, or of the making of excavations, or of the removal of soil or quarrying.
25) Byelaws Rendering necessary licenses for the use of premises within the Cantt. as stables or cow or Cattle sheds or as accommodation for sheep, goats or fowls for profit.
26) Byelaws for the Control of the use in the Cantt. of mechanical whistles, sirens, trumpets and regulation of assemblies.
27) Byelaws for the regulation of the administration of the Cantt.
28) Byelaws for Regulating the inspection and giving of copies of Cantt. Records and documents in Kamptee Cantt. made by Cantt. Board Kamptee.
- 5) A statement of the categories of documents that are held by it or under its control;
The Cantonment Board and Committee proceedings, Land Records of land under management of the Board and their connected documents, and all documents pertaining to the various sections of Administration.
The Cantonment Board consists of 6 Elected representatives who represent the public.
6) A statement of the boards, councils, committees and other bodies consisting of two or more persons constituted as its part or for the purpose of its advice, and as to whether meetings of those boards, councils, committees and other bodies are open to the public, or the minutes of such meetings are accessible for public;
Cantonment Board. Committee -
- a) Civil Area Committee
- b) Finance Committee
- All meetings are open to Public and all minutes are accessible for public, unless in any case the person presiding over the meeting otherwise directs