CBSE English Syllabus 2023 Class 10th – Central Board Secondary Education (CBSE) has released CBSE Class 10 English syllabus on the official site of CBSE. Students can visit the CBSE official site to view and download PDF for Class 10 English Syllabus CBSE 2023.
Students are provided with website links www.cbse.gov.in and www.cbseacademic.nic.in to check, view and download CBSE Class 10 English Syllabus 2023. They should cover syllabus by the release of CBSE Class 10 date sheet PDF.
How to Download CBSE Class 10 English Syllabus 2023?
Central Board Secondary Education (CBSE) has revised the Class 10 English syllabus CBSE 2023 on the official website. Follow the steps given below to download English Syllabus 2023 CBSE Class 10:
- Log on to the official site www.cbse.gov.in or www.cbseacademic.nicc.in
- In the curriculum page, tap on the ‘’curriculum’’ tab from the menu bar.
- A new window displays a list of Links for syllabus of all subjects.
- Select ‘’CBSE Class 10 New Syllabus 2023’’
- A new page displays a row of links.
- Click ‘’Revised Secondary Curriculum’’
- A panel of subjects are listed in the new page
- Choose your choice of subject/language from the panel of subjects.
- A PDF is opened for CBSE Class 10 English Syllabus 2023 in the new window.
- Save and Download the PDF.
- Take print out of the PDF for your future reference.
CBSE Class 10 English Syllabus Download Links
In the article, we have provided direct links that contain PDF files for English syllabus CBSE Class 10 2023.
|Syllabus Name||Download Link|
|CBSE Class 10 English Language & Literature Syllabus 2023||Click Here|
|CBSE Class 10 English Communicative Syllabus 2023||Click Here|
Class 10 CBSE English Syllabus
Question-based on the following kinds of unseen passages:
1. Discursive passage of 400-450 words.
2. Case-based passage (with visual input- statistical data, chart etc.) of 200-250 words.
3. (Total length of two passages to be 600-700 word
Multiple Choice Questions / Objective Type Questions will be asked to assess inference, analysis, interpretation, evaluation and vocabulary.
1. Formal Letter based on a given situation in 100-120 words. One out of two questions is to be answered.
2. Writing an Analytical Paragraph (100-120 words) on a given Map / Chart / Graph / Cue/s . One out of two questions is to be answered.
3. Subject – verb concord
4. Reported speech
1. A letter to God
2. Nelson Mandela – Long Walk to Freedom
3. Two Stories About Flying
4. From the Diary of Anne Frank
5. Glimpses of India
6. Mijbil the Otter
7. Madam Rides the Bus
8. The Sermon at Benares
9. The Proposal (Play)
1. Dust of Snow
2. Fire and Ice
3. A tiger in the Zoo
4. How to Tell Wild Animals
5. The Ball Poem
7. The Trees
9. The Tale of Custard the Dragon
10. For Anne Gregory
FOOTPRINTS WITHOUT FEET
1. A triumph of Surgery
2. The Thief’s Story
3. The Midnight Visitor
4. A Question of Trust
5. Footprints Without Feet
6. The making of a Scientist
7. The necklace
9. The Book That Saved the Earth
CBSE Class 10 Marking Scheme 2022-23 English
Weightage (in Marks)
Writing and Grammar
Books for Class 10 CBSE English Syllabus 2023
- NCERT Textbook for Class 10
- First Flight – Textbook for Class X
- Footprints without Feet – Supplementary Reader for Class X
How to Prepare CBSE Class 10 English Syllabus 2023?
This section helps the students to prepare well for studying English subjects and to score high marks in the board examination. The preparation strategy is essential for any subject to prepare. Students should abide by the expert’s advice and follow the preparation strategy.
- At the beginning download the CBSE Class 10 English Syllabus 2023 from the official site.
- Try to understand the syllabus and start preparing based on the syllabus.
- Cover all the topics highlighted in the syllabus and repeat studying.
- Make sure you are thorough in all topics by repeating the study.
- Concentrate on tough topics and allot more time for difficult topics.
- Gather last year’s questions and try to solve the questions.
- Also collect respective CBSE class 10 English Answer keys to compare the answers.
- Estimate marks for those questions. Concentrate more on weaker sections.
- Keep repeating the process to strengthen your preparation.
- Solving previous year questions will also enable you to understand the CBSE Class 10 English exam pattern.
CBSE Class 10 English Exam Pattern 2023
The exam pattern for CBSE Class 10 English Syllabus 2023 is set by CBSE. Check out the exam pattern on the Official site CBSE. As per CBSE Class 10 new exam pattern 2023, CBSE has allotted 80 marks for written exam and 20 marks for internal assessments.
- Internal Assessment includes 10 marks for periodic tests, 5 marks for note book submission and 5 marks for Extra activities for subject enrichment.
- The theory exam 80 marks comprises questions from Class 10 CBSE English Syllabus 2023.
- Minimum 30% marks to be scored in both internal assessment and board exams to clear the subject.
Tips to Cover CBSE Class 10 2023 English Syllabus
Students can follow the tips suggested by experts and other successful aspirants. Here are the tips suggested:
- Get download the PDF for CBSE 2023 Class 10 English Syllabus from the official site alone.
- Avoid third party websites for syllabus.
- Take a print out on Class 10 CBSE 2023 English Syllabus to frame a preparation strategy.
- Try to cover all the topics mentioned in the syllabus.
- Choose books that cover all the English syllabus 2023 CBSE Class 10.
- Focus deeply on difficult topics. Read again and again to understand the concept.
- Gather CBSE Class 10 previous year question papers PDF. Solve the question papers and compare answers with relevant answer key CBSE Class 10 English.
- Concentrate more on weaker sections in the syllabus based on marks scored in solving previous year’s questions.
FAQs Related to CBSE English Syllabus 2023 Class 10
Who releases Class 10 CBSE English Syllabus 2023?
Central Board Secondary Education (CBSE) will set the syllabus and release the same on the official site.
Is the CBSE English Syllabus 2023 class 10 already released by CBSE?
Students are required to log on to the official site frequently to get updated with Class 10 CBSE 2023 English syllabus. Once the syllabus is released, it is downloaded from the official site.
How many marks are allotted for theory exam and internal assessment as per CBSE Class 10 exam pattern English 2023?
Total marks for theory board exam is 80 whereas 20 marks for internal assessments are allotted for CBSE Class 10 English subject.