CBSE Class 10 Social Science Syllabus 2023 – Central Board of Secondary Education has already released CBSE Class 10th Social Science Syllabus on their official website, cbseacademic.nic.in. The students can see and download their CBSE Class 10 SST Syllabus for history, geography, civics & economics as a common PDF in this article.
Note that, the Social Science Syllabus of CBSE Class 10 is only available in online mode, there is no availability of the CBSE Class 10 syllabus 2023 PDF Download in offline mode. Below, we are providing all the required information to download the CBSE 10th Class Social Science Syllabus 2023.
CBSE Class 10 Social Science Syllabus Download Links
If any student want to download the CBSE Class 10 SST Syllabus 2023, he/she can download the syllabus through the given link. It is suggested to all the students, click on the given link, the Social Science Syllabus CBSE Class 10 will be downloaded automatically.
Class 9 & Class 10 CBSE Social Science Syllabus 2023 Download Link : Click Here.
How to Download Class 10 CBSE Social Science Syllabus 2023?
CBSE has already attached the Social Science Syllabus 2023 Class 9 and 10 together in a PDF file on their official website. To download the CBSE Class 10 Social Syllabus, follow the given guidelines –
- First, Visit the official website of CBSE Syllabus 2023- ‘www.cbseacademic.nic.in’.
- Find the link to ‘Curriculum’.
- Go to the option/ link ‘Curriculum’ and click on ‘Curriculum 2022-2023’.
- A new interface will open with the options ‘Secondary Curriculum (IX-X)’ and ‘Senior Secondary Curriculum (XI-XII)’.
- Click on ‘Secondary Curriculum (IX-X)’ and then click on ‘Main Subjects (Group -A1)’.
- Options of CBSE Class 10 Main Subjects will appear, click on ‘Social Science’.
- The PDF file of Class 9 and Class 10 Social Science Syllabus CBSE 2023 will be displayed on the screen.
Download and print out a copy of the CBSE SST Class 10 Syllabus 2023 for future use.
CBSE 10th Class Social Science Syllabus 2023
We have provided detailed and overview of CBSE Class 10 SST syllabus 2023 in the following sections:
Course Structure Class 10 (2022-23):
- Theory Paper Time : 3 Hours
- Maximum Marks: 80
- No. of Units – 4
- No. of Periods – 4
CBSE Class 10 History Syllabus 2023
India and the Contemporary World – II or Class 10 history is the first unit of Class 10 CBSE SST syllabus 2023. It contains 3 sections and 5 chapters which are given below:
Section 1 : Events and Processes:
- The Rise of Nationalism in Europe:
- The French Revolution and the Idea of the Nation
- The Making of Nationalism in Europe
- The Age of Revolutions: 1830-1848
- The Making of Germany and Italy
- Visualising the Nation
- Nationalism and Imperialism
- Nationalism in India:
- The First World War, Khilafat and Non – Cooperation
- Differing Strands within the Movement
- Towards Civil Disobedience
- The Sense of Collective Belonging
Section 2: Livelihoods, Economies and Societies:
- The Making of a Global World:
- The Pre-modern world
- The Nineteenth Century (1815-1914)
- The Inter war Economy
- Rebuilding a World Economy: The Post-War Era
- The Age of Industrialization:
- Before the Industrial Revolution
- Hand Labour and Steam Power
- Industrialization in the Colonies
- Factories Come Up
- The Peculiarities of Industrial Growth
- Market for Goods
Section 3: Everyday Life, Culture and Politics:
- Print Culture and the Modern World:
- The First Printed Books
- Print Comes to Europe
- The Print Revolution and its Impact
- The Reading Mania
- The Nineteenth Century
- India and the World of Print
- Religious Reform and Public Debates
- New Forms of Publication
- Print and Censorship
CBSE Class 10 Geography Syllabus 2023
Contemporary India – II or Class 10 Geography is the second unit of CBSE 10th Class Social Science syllabus 2023. It contains 7 chapters which are given below:
- Resources and Development:
- Development of Resources
- Resource Planning – Resource Planning in India, Conservation of Resources
- Land Resources
- Land Utilisation
- Land Use Pattern in India
- Land Degradation and Conservation Measures
- Soil as a Resource – Classification of Soils, Soil Erosion and Soil Conservation (excluding Box Information on State of India’s Environment)
- Forest and Wildlife
- Conservation of forest and wildlife in India
- Types and distribution of forests and wildlife resources
- Community and Conservation
- Water Resources:
- Water Scarcity and The Need for Water Conservation and Management
- Multi-Purpose River Projects and Integrated Water Resources Management
- Rainwater Harvesting
- Types of Farming – Primitive Subsistence, Intensive Subsistence, Commercial
- Cropping Pattern – Major Crops, Food Crops other than Grains, Non Food Crops, Technological and Institutional Reforms
- Food Security (excluding impact of globalization on agriculture)
- Minerals and Energy Resources
- What is a mineral?
- Mode of occurrence of Minerals – Where are these minerals found?, Ferrous Minerals, Non-Ferrous Minerals, NonMetallic Minerals, Rock Minerals
- Conservation of Minerals
- Energy Resources – Conventional Sources of Energy, Non-Conventional Sources of Energy
- Conservation of Energy Resources
- Manufacturing Industries:
- Importance of Manufacturing – Industrial Location (excluding Industry Market Linkage), Agro based Industry (excluding Cotton Textiles, Jute Textiles, Sugar Industry), Mineral based Industries (excluding Iron Steel Industry, Cement Industry), Industrial Pollution and Environmental Degradation, Control of Environmental Degradation
- Life Lines of National Economy:
- Major Seaports
- Tourism as a Trade
CBSE Class 10 Political Science Syllabus 2023
Democratic Politics – II or Class 10 Political Science is the second unit of CBSE Class 10 Social Science syllabus 2023. It contains 5 chapters which are given below:
- Power Sharing:
- Belgium and Sri Lanka
- Majoritarianism in Sri Lanka
- Accommodation in Belgium
- Why is power sharing desirable?
- Forms of Power Sharing
- What is Federalism?
- What makes India a Federal Country?
- How is Federalism practised?
- Decentralisation in India
- Gender, Religion and Caste:
- Gender and Politics – Public/Private division, Women’s political representation
- Religion, Communalism and Politics – Communalism, Secular State (excluding image on page 46, 48, 49 of NCERT Textbook – Democratic Politics –II – reprinted edition 2021)
- Caste and Politics – Caste inequalities, Caste in politics, Politics in caste
- Political Parties:
- Why do we need Political Parties? – Meaning, Functions, Necessity
- How many parties should we have?
- National Parties
- State Parties
- Challenges to Political Parties
- How can Parties be reformed?
- Outcomes of Democracy:
- How do we assess democracy’s outcomes?
- Accountable, responsive and legitimate government
- Economic growth and development
- Reduction of inequality and poverty
- Accommodation of social diversity
- Dignity and freedom of the citizens
CBSE Class 10 Economic Syllabus 2023
Understanding Economic Development or Class 10 Economics is the fourth unit of CBSE Class 10 SST syllabus 2023. It contains 5 chapters which are given below:
- What Development Promises – Different People, Different Goals
- Income and Other Goals
- National Development
- How compare different countries or states?
- Income and other criteria
- Public Facilities
- Sustainability of Development
- Sectors of the Indian Economy:
- Sectors of Economic Activities
- Comparing the three sectors
- Primary, Secondary and Tertiary Sectors in India
- Division of sectors as organised and unorganised
- Sectors in terms of ownership: Public and Private Sectors
- Money and Credit:
- Money as a medium of exchange
- Modern forms of Money
- Loan activities of Banks
- Two different Credit situations
- Terms of Credit Formal
- Sector Credit in India
- Self Help Groups for the Poor
- Globalisation and the Indian Economy:
- Production across countries
- Interlinking production across countries
- Foreign Trade and integration of markets
- What is Globalisation?
- Factors that have enabled Globalisation
- World Trade Organisation
- Impact of Globalisation in India
- The Struggle for a fair Globalisation
- Consumer Rights: To be used only for Project Work
CBSE Class 10 Social Science Marking Scheme 2022-23
|India and the Contemporary World – II||20|
|Unit 2 : Contemporary India – II||20|
|Understanding Economic Development||20|
FAQs Related to Class 10 CBSE Social Science Syllabus 2023
Who releases CBSE Class 10 Social Science Syllabus 2023?
Central Board Secondary Education released the Social Science Syllabus Class 10 CBSE on their official site.
Is the CBSE Class 10 Social Science Syllabus 2023 already released by?
Yes, students can download the Class 10 Social Science Syllabus CBSE by visiting the official site ‘cbseacademic.nic.in’.
What are the marks distribution for CBSE Class 10 SST Syllabus?
There are four units in the theory exam with 20 marks for each unit. So, the total marks for the Social Science Theory exam is 80 and the rest of the 20 marks will be given based on internal assessment.