CBSE Class 12 Computer Science Syllabus 2023: The CBSE board has released the CBSE 12th class syllabus 2023 on its official website, cbseacademic.nic.in. It is of utmost importance for candidates to download the CBSE syllabus 2023 for 12th class computer science.
This will help them get a greater understanding of the CBSE Class 12 exam pattern 2023, marking scheme, and difficulty level of the paper and will allow them to analyze their strengths and weaknesses. The information provided below will help candidates learn more about the CBSE 12th computer science syllabus 2023.
Links to Download CBSE Class 12th Computer Science Syllabus 2023
Given below is a table consisting of the links to download the CBSE class 12th computer science syllabus 2023.
|CBSE 12th Class Computer Science Syllabus 2023||Click Here|
How to Download CBSE Class 12th Computer Science Syllabus 2023?
Candidates must ensure they visit the official website and download the CBSE 12th class syllabus 2023 for computer science, as it will help them prepare well for the exam. Below are a few essential details regarding the CBSE 12th computer science syllabus 2023.
- Visit the CBSE’s official website at cbseacademic.nic.in.
- Click on “Senior Secondary Curriculum.”
- They must click on the academic electives and click on the “Computer Science New Syllabus.”
- The CBSE class 12 computer syllabus 2023 will be made available on the screen.
- Candidates must ensure they download the CBSE 12th class syllabus in PDF form for future purposes.
Sectional Division of CBSE 12th Computer Science Syllabus 2023
Candidates must note that the CBSE 12th Computer Syllabus 2023 has been divided into a few parts. Given is a table consisting of the sectional division of the CBSE 12th class computer science syllabus 2023.
|Unit No.||Unit Name||Marks|
|I||Computational Thinking andProgramming – 2||40|
Sectional Division of CBSE 12th Class Practical Syllabus 2023
Candidates are required to refer to the CBSE 12th class syllabus 2023, as it will help them understand the weightage of various topics in the final exam. A detailed explanation of the CBSE 12th practical syllabus 2023 is provided in the table below.
|Python program (60% logic + 20% documentation + 20% code quality)||8|
|A stub program with Python SQL connectivity must be provided with blanks (4 blanks) to be filled by the student with the desired SQL query.||4|
|Minimum 15 Python programsSQL Queries – Minimum 5 sets using one table / two tables.Minimum 2 programs based on Python – SQL connectivity.||7|
|Project (using concepts learnt in Classes 11 and 12)||8|
CBSE Class 12th Computer Science Unit Wise Syllabus 2023 for Theory
The CBSE 12th grade computer science syllabus 2023 consists of three units. Candidates must thoroughly understand the CBSE class 12 syllabus 2023 for computer science, as this will help them in preparing well for the CBSE class 12 board exam. Below are a few important details regarding the CBSE class 12th computer science syllabus 2023 for theory.
Unit 1: Computer Systems and Organisation
- Basic Computer Organisation: Introduction to computer system, hardware,software, input device, output device, CPU, memory (primary, cache and secondary), units of memory (Bit, Byte, KB, MB, GB, TB, PB)
- Types of software: system software (operating systems, system utilities, device drivers), programming tools and language translators (assembler, compiler & interpreter), application software
- Operating system (OS): functions of operating system, OS user interface
- Boolean logic: NOT, AND, OR, NAND, NOR, XOR, truth table, De Morgan’s laws and logic circuits
- Number system: Binary, Octal, Decimal and Hexadecimal number system; conversion between number systems.
- Encoding schemes: ASCII, ISCII and UNICODE (UTF8, UTF32)
Unit II: Computational Thinking and Programming –
- Introduction to problem solving: Steps for problem solving (analysing the problem, developing an algorithm, coding, testing and debugging). representation of algorithms using flow chart and pseudo code, decomposition
- Familiarization with the basics of Python programming: Introduction to Python, features of Python, executing a simple “hello world” program, execution modes: interactive mode and script mode, Python character set, Python tokens (keyword, identifier, literal, operator, punctuator), variables, concept of l-value and r-value, use of comments
- Knowledge of data types: number (integer, floating point, complex), boolean, sequence (string, list, tuple), none, mapping (dictionary), mutable and immutable data types
- Operators: arithmetic operators, relational operators, logical operators, assignment operator, augmented assignment operators, identity operators(is, is not), membership operators(in, not in)
- Expressions, statement, type conversion & input/output: precedence of operators, expression, evaluation of expression, python statement, type conversion (explicit & implicit conversion), accepting data as input from the console and displaying output
- Errors: syntax errors, logical errors, runtime errors
- Flow of control: introduction, use of indentation, sequential flow, conditional and iterative flow control
- Conditional statements: if, if-else, if-elif-else, flowcharts, simple programs: e.g.: absolute value, sort 3 numbers and divisibility of a number
- Iterative statements: for loop, range function, while loop, flowcharts, break and continue statements, nested loops, suggested programs: generating pattern, summation of series, finding the factorial of a positive number etc
- Strings: introduction, indexing, string operations (concatenation, repetition, membership & slicing), traversing a string using loops, built-in functions: len(), capitalize(), title(), lower(), upper(), count(), find(), index(), endswith(), startswith(), isalnum(), isalpha(), isdigit(), islower(), isupper(), isspace(), lstrip(), rstrip(), strip(), replace(), join(), partition(), split()
- Lists: introduction, indexing, list operations (concatenation, repetition, membership & slicing), traversing a list using loops, built-in functions: len(), list(), append(), extend(), insert(), count(), index(), remove(), pop(), reverse(), sort(), sorted(), min(), max(), sum(); nested lists, suggested programs: finding the maximum, minimum, mean of numeric values stored in a list; linear search on list of numbers and counting the frequency of elements in a list.
FAQs Related to CBSE Class 12th Computer Science Syllabus 2023
What are the passing marks for computer science?
Where can candidates download the CBSE class 12th computer science syllabus 2023?
The CBSE computer science syllabus 2023 for class 12th is available to download from the official website and through the direct link given in this page.