NEET Reservation Criteria 2023 – The National Testing Agency (NTA) will be releasing the NEET Reservation Criteria 2023 on their official website that is neet.nta.nic.in along with the information brochure. This reservation system is also followed while NEET 2023 seat allotment process.
Based on the current NEET 2023 Reservation Criteria, there is a 27% reservation for Other Backward Class (OBC) students and 10% reservation for Economically Weaker Section (EWS) students under the All India Quota seats.
NEET Reservation Criteria 2023 for All India Quota Seats
According to the NEET UG 2023 Reservation Criteria, for the 15% All India Quota Seats, 27% seats will be reserved for students belonging to OBC category and another 10% will be reserved for EWS category students.
The Government of India had earlier declared 15% seat reservation for SC and 7.5% reservation for ST students for MBBS and BDS colleges under AIQ seats. Later, the government decided to give 27% reservation to OBCs and 10% to the EWS category candidates.
Thus, there are 4 types of reservation as per the NEET Reservation Criteria 2023 that are:
- 15 % for Schedule Caste
- 7.5% for Schedule Tribe
- 27% for Other Backward Classes
- 10% for Economically Weaker Section
NEET 2023 Reservation Criteria for Economically Weaker Section
As per the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, 10% of seats in the NEET Admission process is reserved for candidates whose family is not as financially stable as compared to other candidates. Below given are some cases out of which if a family owns any one then that candidate will not be considered under EWS category.
- Annual Income of the family should not be more than 8 lakh.
- Family must not possess agricultural land of 5 acres or more.
- Family must not have a residential flat of 1000 sq ft or more.
- Also Families must not have more than 100 sq. yard of residential plot in the notified municipalities
- Families must not have more than 200 sq. yard of residential plot in the unnotified municipalities.
Participating institutes in NEET EWS reservation
- Central University/Institutes
- National Institutes
- State Government Medical Colleges
Candidates need to choose their category while filling NEET application form 2023 online.
NEET 2023 Reservation Criteria for Persons with Disability
Under the NEET 2023 Reservation Criteria, 5% seats are also reserved for candidates who have any physical disability. They can claim their reservation under the Rights of Person with Disability Act 2016.
In case any candidate wants to access this reservation, he/she will have to provide a disability certificate issued by any one of the institutes given below:
- Vardhman Mahavir Medical College and Safdarjung Hospital, Ansari Nagar, Ring Road, New Delhi-110029
- All India Institute of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Hazi Ali Park, K. Khadya Marg, Mahalaxmi, Mumbai – 400034
- Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education and Research, 244, Acharya J.C. Bose Marg, Kolkata – 20
- Madras Medical College, Park Town, Chennai – 600003
NEET Reservation Criteria for 85% State Quota Seats
There is no fixed reservation criteria for the 85% State Quota seats as the reservation for them is set by the state authorities only on the basis of the policies of that particular state. Each state has different reservation policies which all the candidates must keep a check on so as to not miss any opportunity.
FAQs Related to NEET Reservation System 2023
Will there be reservation for Economically Weaker Section category students in the 85% State Quota seats also?
There is no fixed seat reservation criteria for SQ seats, thus it depends on the state policies, some states might have EWS reservation while some may not.
Can we use the disability certificate issued by any institute?
No, as per the rules set by the government, the disability certificate submitted by any candidate will be considered valid only when it is issued by selected institutes whose list is released by the government.
Is it necessary to have a state domicile while going for the admission process?
If the candidate is appearing for the admission process under the All India Quota then he/she is not required to bring the state domicile for the admission process. However, while sitting for State Quota seats, State domicile is a mandatory document without which admission will not be granted,