NTSE Eligibility Criteria 2022 – NCERT will release the eligibility criteria of NTSE 2022 on the official website: ncert.nic.in. The eligibility criteria will contain the age limit and minimum qualifying marks for the stage 1 & stage 2 exams. National Talent Search Examination is conducted in two stages, and NTSE eligibility criteria 2022 is different for both stages.
Students of class 10 of below 18 years are eligible for NTSE 2022 registration. To qualify for the stage II exam, students must score minimum qualifying marks and they also need to meet the NTSE cut off marks of their respective states.
Indian students who are studying abroad in class 10 are also eligible for the NTSE exam. They will appear directly in the stage II examination after meeting the certain NTSE eligibility criteria 2022. NTSE 2022 stage I exam will be conducted in the month of November 2022. Read further to know the eligibility criteria for NTSE stage 1, eligibility criteria for NTSE stage 2.
Who can Apply for NTSE Exam 2022?
Indian students who wishes to appear in the exam must fulfil the NTSE eligibility criteria provided below.
- Students of class 10th from Kendriya Vidyalaya, Navodaya Vidyalaya, and Sainik School etc. There will be no domicile restrictions for them, they can apply from the state where the school is located.
- As per the NTSE eligibility criteria 2022, students must be below 18 years.
- Students of Open and Distance Learning (ODL) can also be eligible to appear in the NTSE exam. They must be appearing in the 10th exam for the first time.
- As NTSE eligibility criteria, some states have set their own minimum qualifying marks. Students have to attain these minimum marks in class 9 to appear in the NTSE exam. Check the state-wise minimum qualifying marks from the table below.
NTSE Eligibility Criteria – State Wise minimum qualifying marks
NTSE Eligibility Criteria 2022 for Indian students studying abroad
Students of class 10 who are studying abroad are also eligible to appear in the NTSE exam. They are exempted from appearing in the NTSE stage I and can directly appear in the stage II examination. They must fulfill the below mentioned NTSE eligibility criteria 2022.
- Age must be below 18 years.
- He or she has obtained at least 60% marks in the previous annual examination.
- Students have to appear in the exam at a centre in India at their own cost.
- They have to submit the attested copy of marksheet of class 9 the Head, Department of Educational Survey Division, NCERT, New Delhi-110016 latest by 31st December.
- If a student got selected, the scholarship shall be paid for pursuing studies in India only.
NTSE Eligibility Criteria 2022 – Reservation of Seats
As per the provision of NTSE, some seats are reserved for SC/ST and PWD students. For Indian students studying abroad, the same reservation is applicable, only if they continue their further studies in India. Check the table below for reservation criteria.
|Person with Disability||3%|
NTSE Eligibility Criteria 2022 for Stage 2
In order to appear in the stage II examination, students must fulfil the below mentioned NTSE 2022 eligibility criteria.
- Students whose marks of stage I met the NTSE cut off are eligible for the stage II exam.
- Those students who have selected in NTSE stage 1 result 2022, are also eligible for stage-II examination.
- Students must get the minimum qualifying mark to meet the NTSE Eligibility Criteria 2022.
NTSE Eligibility Criteria 2022 – Minimum Qualifying Marks
Check the minimum qualifying marks for the NTSE stage II exam. Students must note that apart from getting the minimum qualifying marks, their marks should be equal to greater than the NTSE cut off.
|Qualifying scores||Mental Ability Test (MAT)||Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT)|
|For general category||40%||32%|
|For SC, ST, and PH||40%||32%|
Also Know About
What is the minimum age limit?
There is no minimum age limit. But the candidate must be studying in Class 10.
Can Class 9 students apply for NTSE?
No, Class 9 students can not apply for NTSE exam.